- Surprise! (not really) PATRIOT ACT expanded beyond terrorism investigations
- U.S. Marshals using stingray devices for cellphone surveillance. Taking a note from above, how long before this is used for...well...whatever.
- Military-funded study predicts when you'll protest on Twitter
- Recording cops isn't necessarily protected by the First Amendment. A dangerous precedent here basically saying that speech is only protected if it is some form of challenge or criticism.
- The Sony hack wasn't just a one-off. The Lazarus group has been causing mayhem for years.
- Apple may look to the Fifth Amendment for protection against the government. "If this legal argument sounds novel, it's because the government's claim is unprecedented." But they may actually get protection from an existing wiretapping statute.
- Bitcoin, Hai!
- I'll care about gravitational waves when I can surf them
Little Lies by William Dupre
We can't escape
Having a little of what we hate
Of others within ourselves.
Yet we let the lie reside
Lest we make light the biases
We desire to hide --
The Hypocrisy doesn't wear well
As we tell stories of the self.